after multiple life-changing events I have returned with The State of the Union:
1. I now live in Rhode Island . . . but even after intense research I am unsure of how it can even count as a state. It sort of feels like Diet Massachusetts. Maybe I should give good old Roger Williams the benefit of the doubt and give his state a chance.
2. Apparently The Nana was bored with Princess Di, Tupac, & Biggie and she and her afterlife poker cronies (including Honest Abe) requested the presence of Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, & Michael Jackson.
3. I’m addicted to So You Think You Can Dance. I. AM. NOT. ASHAMED.
4. Elizabeth expects me to write a lengthy post detailing her finer qualities, however I will instead give away the name of her upcoming memoir Pratfalls, Bad Decisions, & Telling Lies to Strangers.
5. Job hunting is a full time job. So is unpacking.
6. Whenever I get bored with episodes of Ghost Hunters, my boyfriend says, “You just want to see battleships and hotels.” He’s not wrong . . . but I mostly want to see some FUCKING GHOSTS!
7. Skyr is a delicious kind of Icelandic cultured dairy product. (thanks elise!) I especially enjoy Siggi’s Orange Ginger flavor.
8. After almost 28 years I am beginning to acquire a taste for lobster.
9. According to Vogue, US Weekly, 17 magazine, etc jumpsuits are fashionable. NO. Absolutely not. They are hideous.
10. Big Papi is back in the cleanup spot. All is right with the world.
11. I found this old mix tape that Elizabeth made me called the upbeat mix, which OF COURSE begins with Badlands by The Boss.
12. Olives with Garlic and Lemon from Whole Paycheck are worth every damn penny.
13. According to River Monsters on the Discovery Channel, being a fisherman is a scary job. Because if you’re not careful your wife will get eaten by an alligator-type creature right in front of you and your impressionable children.
14. I’m not really sure what ‘American’ cheese is, but I am pretty sure it is 89% wax.
15. THIS is going to be the BEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME.